Recertify a Course
The University Core Curriculum Committee (UCCC) is responsible for recertifying all KU Core courses. In order to achieve this goal, the UCCC asks all departments and programs that offer KU Core courses to submit a report for each course and goal/learning outcome. In the case of a course approved for more than one goal/learning outcome, departments and programs will make separate submissions for each KU Core goal/learning outcome. The UCCC will review courses on a 6-year cycle, grouped by KU Core Goal/learning outcome, as follows:
- 2021-2022: Goal 1.1 & Goal 1.2
- 2022-2023: Goal 2.1 & Goal 2.2 & Goal 3 (Arts & Humanities)
- 2023-2024: Goal 3 (Natural Sciences) & Goal 4.1
- 2024-2025: Goal 4.2
- 2025-2026: Goal 3 (Social Sciences) & Goal 5
- 2026-2027: Goal 6
The UCCC will evaluate each report and provide feedback to the departments. In some cases, the committee may require additional information or data in order to recertify the course.
KU Core Review Forms for 2021-2022 are due October 15, 2021.
Dr. Joshua Potter in the CTE is available for consultation on the assessment and assignment portions for KU Core Goal 1 recertification. He can be reached at email@example.com. Alternatively, he will host four virtual office hour sessions in the week before the deadline. Please drop in at your convenience.
- Oct 8 / 9:00-11:00 / https://kansas.zoom.us/j/97642538209 / Passcode: 009423
- Oct 8 / 1:00-3:00 / https://kansas.zoom.us/j/97206138290 / Passcode: 603579
- Oct 12 / 9:00-11:00 / https://kansas.zoom.us/j/95519605829 / Passcode: 786504
- Oct 12 / 1:00-3:00 / https://kansas.zoom.us/j/91316385393 / Passcode: 334833