Christopher Haufler KU Core Innovation Award
The Christopher Haufler KU Core Innovation Award, funded by the Office of the Provost, honors the creative and forward-thinking work of academic departments in developing or transforming outstanding core courses, assessing the KU Core learning outcomes, and disseminating the assessments as models of excellent teaching and learning. The award comes with a monetary award to the department that may be used to advance their work on teaching, learning, and assessment. The University Core Curriculum Committee will select the award winner(s).
To nominate a course, course sequence, innovative approach, or experience for the award, develop a 2-3 page summary description of how it advances the objective of enabling students to achieve one or more KU Core learning outcomes and demonstrates how students have attained those learning outcomes. A syllabus should be submitted for any relevant course(s). Please also list all relevant teaching and assessment personnel and describe their roles in the process. Preliminary data should be included. The award may recognize an innovative and well-designed plan of demonstrating student learning and course improvement as well.
Please send all nominations to email@example.com by late March 31, 2023.
- Innovative course or experience design
- Alignment of learning outcomes with demonstrated student learning
- Incorporation of student engagement or active learning strategies
- Process for documenting and sharing achievement of learning outcomes, including a feedback loop for course improvement
- Plan for, or presentation of, quantitative data
- Plan for, or evidence of, sharing results with faculty colleagues who teach KU Core courses meeting the same learning outcome or courses that build on foundational skills and knowledge taught in the course